Who around here has heard the song “Bills, Bills, Bills” by Destiny’s Child? Well just to refresh your memory the chorus starts out like this…
“Can you pay my bills?
Can you pay my telephone bills?
Do you pay my automo’ bills?…”
If you are like me, no one pays your bills but YOU! And there are so many of them. Each bill company has a different website you can pay from and you have to remember different logins for each one. It can get very overwhelming and confusing very quickly. One of my favorite things about ATFCU’s online banking and mobile app is that I can pay ALL of my bills from one location. I can set them up to pay automatically or I can manually pay them when I am ready to do so.
Simply follow these steps to set up your Bill Pay today…
Online Banking Procedures:
- Login to online banking
- Click on the ‘Bill Pay’ heading at the top of the page
- For first time users, you will have to sign up. You will be prompted to answer two personal identification questions then read and accept the Terms and Conditions. You will then click the ‘Complete Sign Up’ button and your bill pay registration will go under review and should be accepted or denied within one business day. Once your Bill Pay request has been approved you are ready to add those payees!
- In the white box that says ‘Enter person or business’ you will start typing in the name of the bill you wish to set up. If the payee is a national brand it may populate in a list and you can click on the full name, if it’s not then you can simply click the ‘Add’ button next to where you entered the payee’s name.
- Once you click ‘Add’ a box will pop up for you to enter all the payee’s information, such as: account number and contact information. Once you enter all that info just click the ‘Add payee’ button.
- You will now see that payee listed under the ‘My Bills & People I Pay.’ You may click on the ‘Options’ link below the payee’s name to set up a Due Date Reminder, Automatic payments with frequency, or change the account information. Remember to SAVE any changes you make or add in this section.
- From now on, this payee will be listed when you go to the Bill Pay section. You can hide or delete the payee at any time.
- To add more payee’s, simply follow steps 4-6 above.
Mobile Banking Procedures:
- Login to mobile app
- Tap on the ‘Bill Pay’ icon at the bottom of your screen
- For first time users you will have to sign up for Bill Pay by answering the personal identification questions, reading and accepting the terms and conditions, and then tapping on the ‘Sign Up’ button. Your bill pay registration will be reviewed and decided on within one business day. Once your bill pay request has been approved you are ready to add those payees!
- To add a payee, tap on the ‘Payees’ title at the top of the screen.
- Start typing the payee’s name in the field that says ‘Add a person or business.’ If the payee is a national company, their information may populate in a list and you may tap their name to finish adding the account information. If the payee is not in the list, simply tap on the ‘Add’ button next to the field you typed their name in.
- Once you click ‘Add’ a new screen will appear for you to enter all the payee’s information, such as: nickname for the bill, account number and contact information. Once entered just tap the ‘Add payee’ button.
- You can now see this payee when you tap on the ‘To’ field under the ‘Pay’ tab. If you would like to set up automatic payments, reminders, or change any information on the payee, under the ‘Payees’ tab you may tap on the payee’s name you wish to adjust information.
- Tap on the ‘Auto Pay’ icon to adjust frequency of payment and turn on or off the automatic payment option.
- To add additional payees, follow steps 4-8 above.
It is important to note that some payments through our Bill Pay system go out electronically and some go out with a mailed check. If a payment is being made electronically you will know this because when you go to add the payee’s account information it will say the address is on file so you will not need to provide one. These payments take 2-3 business days to get to the payee. Make sure to select a payment date 2-3 business days prior to the due date. A check will be mailed if the address is not on file and you have to enter it on the account information screen. The address on your most current statement is what you want to use unless they have a specific mailing address. These payments will take 5-7 business days to receive so make sure you set the payment up to 5-7 days prior to the due date.
How Bill Pay Works:
- Member adds payee and inputs payment details
- Payment is submitted to be paid on a specific date
- Bill pay sends the payment on the specific date
- Bill pay then drafts the member’s account usually within 2-3 business days
The following payees/payments are discouraged for Bill Pay:
- Tax payments to IRS or other state/government agencies
- Court-ordered payments (Ex. Alimony or child support)
- Payments to insurance companies
- Payments made to an individual
If you choose to send payments via Bill Pay to one of these listed above, this will be at the members discretion. ATFCU will not be held liable for payments that were unsuccessful.