The first board meeting of ATFCU was called to order on October 15, 1950. The new organization served teachers in the Abilene ISD and was operated by volunteers from a desk drawer in the shop building at Central Elementary School. We moved to our first permanent home at 2801 N. 6th Street in 1977.
Over the years, the ATFCU field of membership was amended many times. At the beginning of the 21st century, it was further broadened to include all residents of Taylor and Callahan Counties. Our reputation for personalized service and fair dealing drew many new friends to our doors. Additional branches were built to provide convenient options for our rapidly growing membership.
During the Great Recession of 2008-2013, when many financial institutions lost their footing, Abilene Teachers FCU continued to grow and prosper. How were we able to do that? By focusing on the right things - serving our members with excellence, exercising fiscally conservative management and maintaining the highest ethical standards.
Our future is bright and we thank our 44,000+ friends and neighbors who trust us with their financial needs. We look forward to serving you with personal attention and forward-thinking technology.