The Best Checking Account You Can Find. Seriously. Not Kidding.
Hands Down, the best account around!
Your life is busy and you need a checking account that won’t slow you down. Ours are high on features and low on fees. Plus, we have an option for those needing a fresh checking start.
Checking for a Connected World
We don’t just say it’s great, we can prove it!
Everything CheckingNo monthly service charge, no minimum balance, dividends and a free instant-issue debit card.
Restart CheckingA checking account designed to help you get back on your financial feet
Instant Debit CardsWe can instantly issue debit cards in a variety of designs. No more waiting for the mail!
Overdraft ProtectionEveryone makes mistakes. Let’s handle them together.
Dividends PaidDividends paid when your daily average checking balance is $1,000 or more.
Vigilant Fraud MonitoringWe’re working behind the scenes to monitor suspicious activity.
Everything You Need Checking
Free checking without sneaky fees.
- Free instant-issue debit card
- Free electronic banking services
- No monthly service charge
- No minimum balance requirement1
- Earn dividends on your balance2
- Unlimited debit card or check writing transactions with no per-transaction charge
If you’ve had previous trouble managing a checking account ATFCU may be able to help you get a new start. For $5 per month, our Restart Checking includes the same features as our standard account.
After 12 months of responsible financial management, you can request that your Restart account be considered for transition to an Everything Checking account.
Please visit a lobby location to inquire about opening a ReStart Checking account.
Instant-Issue Debit Cards
A debit card allows you to pay directly from your checking account to any merchant who accepts VISA. It is also used to access cash at ATMs.
- Free with any ATFCU checking account
- Instant issue at ATFCU lobby locations
- Powerful card controls at your fingertips
- More than 50 designs available
- Includes vigilant fraud monitoring
If your debit card is lost or stolen, please take the following actions:
- If you use the ATFCU mobile app, login and tap the More icon. On the new screen tap Card Controls. On the resulting screen, look for the Card Status caption. Use the toggle switch to turn the card OFF.
- For desktop banking – login and access the Additional Services heading. Choose Card Controls from the resulting menu. Use the toggle switch to turn the card OFF.
- Now that your card is locked, please notify us. During business hours, please call us at 677-2274 or 800-677-6770. During non-business hours, dial 833-541-0777 or 800-442-4757.
ATFCU is a member of CO-OP Network which provides 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs around the world. There are more than 50 CO-OP locations in Abilene. To find an ATM near you, please use the ATM Locator.
Mobile and Online Banking
Whether you’re using a desktop computer or a mobile device, our digital banking services are user-friendly and comprehensive. If you’re a little hesitant about getting started, visit our blog for step-by-step guides and how-to’s.
When it’s time to reorder checks, you have a choice. Contact a Member Services representative or order online. Members over 60 receive free checks when the basic ATFCU style is selected.
Opening a savings account is what establishes membership with the credit union. A savings is the first account that can be opened.
$500 per 24 hours. The limit is unchangeable at this time.
This is dependent on how often a merchant submits their files to the financial Automated Clearing House (ACH). The time frame can vary from a few moments to several days.
No past fraud activity, no previous amounts owed to Abilene Teachers FCU, minimum age of 18. Restart accounts are opened pending credit union approval. Other restrictions may apply.
Open your checking account today
(325) 677-2274 (call or text)
(800) 677-6770 (call only)
1Minimum balance to open the account is $25. There is no minimum balance required to maintain the account.
2 Dividend rate is based upon account balance. Please see our Rates page for details
3Line of credit loans are subject to credit union approval.
*APR=Annual percentage rate
We will verify your identity when opening an account in order to meet the requirements of the Patriot Act. If you’re opening an account in person, please bring your Social Security card along with your driver’s license, United States passport, or state ID card. In unusual circumstances, we may request additional documentation.
Photo Credits: ‘The Grace’ goes to Christ Hardy and for ‘Flower Puppies’ goes to Ashley Aimi.