ATFCU offers mortgages for primary homes and second or vacation homes.
Visit our online mortgage center to check rates and learn more about the home buying process. For questions, please contact a home loan officer at 677-2274 or 800-677-6770.
Rates are certainly rising these days, meaning that refinancing isn’t as advantageous as it was a year ago. In specific situations, it might still be worth considering. Give us a call to discuss your options. The mortgage refinancing calculator found below will help you estimate your monthly payments.
Mortgage Loan Supervisor
It is important to me that you feel comfortable through the entire mortgage process. Whether you’re a first-time home buyer, ready to refinance, or applying for a home equity loan, your application is important and I will work hard on your behalf.
Mortgage Loan Officer
Mortgage lending isn’t just making a loan. It’s about building a relationship with our members to help them achieve their financial goals and providing the best option for their financial success. As we work together, I enjoy teaching about the lending process and providing information that will be useful for years to come.
Here are some steps to help you prepare when buying your first home:
- Pay attention to your credit score and improve it if necessary
- Save money for a down payment
- Save for additional home buying costs (inspections, insurance, title, appraisal, closing fees, etc.)
- Get prequalified for a mortgage loan
- Start looking for a home!
Avoid doing all of the following right before or during the purchasing process:
- Buying big ticket items, such as: cars, furniture, boats
- Quitting or changing jobs
- Opening or closing any lines of credit
- Paying bills late
- Moving money between accounts or making large deposits (other than your paycheck) to your accounts
- Cosigning for a loan
Yes. That number could vary based upon individual circumstances. We will review your credit history and ability to repay.
- A mortgage is the instrument that allows you to purchase/finance your home. As you make monthly payments on your mortgage you build equity.
- A home equity loan uses the built up equity in your home loan to serve as collateral for an additional loan.
1 APR = Annual Percentage Rate
Abilene Teachers FCU – NMLS# 494022.