Mobile Deposit FAQs
Can I Deposit Checks to any of my Accounts?
You may deposit to any of your savings or checking accounts.
Is There a Fee to Use Mobile Check Deposit?
There is no fee associated with this service.
How Many Checks Can I Submit in Each Deposit?
System requirements allow only one check per deposit.
Can I Make Multiple Deposits via Mobile Check Deposit Each Day?
You may make as many deposits per day as you wish up to the daily deposit limit.
Can I Deposit Checks of Any Amount or are there Limits?
Deposit limits are as follows:
- Per Deposit Limit - $5,000
- Daily Deposit Limit - $5,000
- Rolling 30 Day Deposit Limit - $20,000
How Do I Endorse Checks that I Submit Through Mobile Deposit?
- Endorse the back of the check as usual
- Under the endorsement, write the words 'For Mobile Deposit'
When Will Deposits be Credited to My Account?
Deposits confirmed as received before the cut-off time (4 pm Central Time) on a business day will generally be credited to your account within 24 hours of receipt. Deposits confirmed as received after the cut-off time and deposits confirmed as received on holidays or weekends will generally be credited to your account within 24 hours of the following business day.
What Types of Checks Can I Deposit?
You may deposit first party checks that are payable to you and/or any joint account holders.
The following checks may not be deposited:
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than you and/or any joint account holder (in other words, no third party checks)
- Checks that contain evidence of being altered, or any item that you suspect or know to be altered or fraudulent
- Checks that you are not authorized to endorse or deposit
- Checks drawn on a financial institution outside the United States
- Checks that are dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit
- U.S. Savings Bonds, U.S. Postal Money Orders, Traveler's Checks, Convenience Checks (checks drawn against a line of credit) or Cash
How Do I Know if My Deposit was Accepted?
A confirmation/success message will be displayed on the next screen after you submit your deposit. If you choose, you can email that message to yourself. Additionally, we will send you an email once your deposit is accepted. If for any reason your deposit is rejected, we will email you as well describing why your deposit was declined.
What do I do with the Paper Check after a Mobile Deposit has been Submitted?
Please keep your checks for 60 days following the successful deposit notification and after verifying that the funds are included in your balance. We ask that you keep the check in a secure location in case there is an issue with the deposit photo and we need to request the actual check. After 60 days you may destroy the check and securely dispose of it.
What are Some Tips for Making Sure that My Deposit is Not Rejected?
- When photographing the check, place it on a solid dark background, in a well-lit area without shadows. Remove clutter behind the check.
- Verify that the amount you enter matches the amount written on your check.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus within the on-screen corners. This applies to both the front and back of the check.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check before snapping the photo.
- The check should not be folded, creased, or crumpled.
- All borders of the check need to be visible in the image.
- Ensure that the following items are legible - routing number, account number, check number, dollar amount, signature, and payee name.
- Make sure that you don't snap the back of the check when the app is asking for the front. And vice versa.
Who Should I Contact for Assistance?
Please contact our Member Information Center at 677-2274 or 800-677-6770 with questions about how to use the service. If you have questions about why your registration or deposit was declined, please contact our accounting department at one of the phone numbers shown above. If you'd like a 'hands-on' demo, please visit one of our lobbies and ask for a Member Services Representative. Remember to bring your smart phone and a check that you'd like to deposit.